As HTC announces, the HTC Vive Cosmos can now be pre-ordered. In addition, the company has revealed the technical specifications.
Vive Cosmos can be preordered for 799 Euro
The Vive Cosmos is equipped with two LCD panels, which come together to a resolution of 2880 x 1700 pixels. Thus, the Cosmos achieved a much higher resolution than the conventional HTC Vive. Compared to the Vive Pro, the resolution is almost identical, but using an LCD panel should result in a more detailed picture. This probably will not reach the black levels of the HTC Vive Pro.
Although the HTC Vive Cosmos can independently detect their space and thus offers a simple setup, the glasses can also optionally be operated with the Lighthouse tracking by Valve. For this purpose, a front shell is necessary, which must be purchased separately. In addition, the HTC Vive Cosmos can be used with the wireless adapter of the Vive Pro to allow maximum freedom of play.
If you want to order directly, then you have the opportunity to pre-order.
The technical data can be found here:
- Headband: Halo style with flip-up visor
- Displays: Dual 3.4 “LCD diagonal, IPD adjustment
- Resolution: 1,440 × 1,700 pixels per eye (2,880 × 1,700 pixels combined)
- Refresh rate: 90 Hz
- Field of view: 110 degrees
- Audio: Built-in stereo headphones
- Required PC connectivity: USB 3.0, DisplayPort 1.2
- Peripheral ports: USB-C 3.0, proprietary connection to mods
- Tracking: Inside-out (6 cameras), optional add-on for SteamVR Tracking
- Weight: 651 grams (1.43 pounds)
- Vive Wireless Adapter support: Yes, sold separately with attach kit. (Available PCIe slot required)