Nominations for the annual event Viveport Developer Awards (VDA) 2019 are replenished with new names. The final winner will be announced at GDC 2019.
At the moment, 11 virtual reality (VR) titles were selected with two nominees for each category of PC. While mobile (Vive Wave) winners are already selected.
Entertainment – PC
• Blind | Tiny Bull Studios & Fellow Traveler
• Apex Construct | Fast Travel Games
Education – PC
• VR Regatta – The Sailing Game | Marineverse
• VR Frog Dissection: Ribbit-ing Discoveries | VictoryVR
Art and Culture – PC
• MasterpieceVR | MasterpieceVR
• Claude Monet – The Water Lily obsession | Lucid Realities & Arte, Camera lucida, Musées d’Orsay et de l’Orangerie
Arcade – PC
• Summer Funland | Monad rock
• Shooty Fruity Arcade | nDreams Limited
Entertainment – Mobile Platform
- Bait! | Resolution Games
Education – mobile platform
- Star Chart | Escapist Games Ltd.
Culture and art – a mobile platform
The most popular entertainment category has two well-known – but absolutely opposite 2018 VR games, Blind and Apex Construct, vying for victory. Blind is a creepy puzzle puzzle experience from Tiny Bull Studios. Players are completely blind and ‘see’ only when he makes a noise – like an echolocation – lighting the world around for short moments.
Apex Construct, on the other hand, is a much more action-oriented experience, which takes place in a futuristic world where you play as the last person caught in the fight between two AI. Instead of giving the gamer a range of weapons, the game focuses on a single bow.
The winners of the 2019 VDA will be announced on Monday, March 18, during a game development conference (GDC) in San Francisco.
To stay up to date with the latest events and the best VR games, keep reading VRcue.